Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Truly Outrageous Jem!

    In honor of the Jem and the Holograms movie released this past weekend, I present the truly outrageous JEM! 
    A little back story first. One Saturday morning, I was browsing the channels for something to watch. I came across this program, Super Saturday, which had a segment called Jem. I didn't get to see it from the beginning, but came in on "episode 9" as I like to refer to it. It was the part where Jem and the Holograms perform on Lin-Z's show and the set starts to fall on Jem for the cliffhanger. I'd missed the following week, so I didn't get to see her get rescued until the repeats, but didn't miss an episode after this! 
    When I found out Hasbro was going to be releasing a line of dolls based on this cartoon, I was psyched! I couldn't wait to get my hands on these dolls! I scoured the stores looking for them! For some reason, I was expecting them to be smaller than Barbies, like about 6 inches tall. Imagine my surprise when I saw they were a little bigger than Barbie! 
     The colors, the fashions, the GORGEOUS artwork on the boxes! I just couldn't get enough! I remember seeing a mother buying a doll for her daughter and thinking that little girl was so lucky! I was finally able to get one for myself! It was AMAZING! I still have my original, but wanted to get another one still in the box, so when I was older and had some money, I found one fairly cheap on Ebay (my best friend for finding dolls from my past!). I kept her in the box and was thankful I did so, for two years ago, Christy Marx, the creator of Jem, was at ComiCon! I was able to meet her and to have her sign my doll! It was a dream come true!

Autographed by Christy Marx herself!

The gorgeous front of the box
The stunning back of the box
    This is the only doll I've kept in the box from the Jem line. I don't have all of the dolls, but I'm still hopeful one I day I will. I will showcase the dolls I do have in another, future post, but for now, the one and only Jem! TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment