Friday, December 14, 2018

Cali Girl, Western Style!

     The next line of Cali Girl dolls featured Barbie, Lea and Summer. They wore Western gear and each girl had a horse she could ride. This was also the year the "Bigfoot Barbies" were released, so this line and the next were the only released dolls with shoes to fit them. The beach dolls now had bigger, more realistic looking feet, but none of the Barbie shoes will fit them. This trend continued in the beach lines for quite some time. 
     This line consisted of Barbie, Lea and Summer. Each girl was dressed for riding, including a pair of cowboy boots, which fit on those big feet! They came with accessories for their horses (sold separately) including a bucket, a sponge and a brush. These dolls were suntan lotion scented as well. 



Barbie
Lea
Summer
     Each girl had her own horse (of which I have one) and each horse had two foals (sold separately; of which I have none). Barbie's horse was called Pacifica and reminded me of her old horse, Dallas. Summer's horse was called Baja and was brown. Lea's horse was called Topanga and was gray. The foals were Hermosa and Redondo and Laguna and Torrance. They were shades of brown and tan. 

Lea's horse Topanga

The back of the box, which can also be used as a playset
Barbie's horse, Pacifica (not my picture; found on the internet)
Summer's horse, Baja (not my picture; found on internet; also could not find one in the box)
Hermosa and Redondo (not my picture; found on the internet)

Torrance and Laguna (not my picture; found on the internet; also could not find one in the box)
     As you can see, I still need to get the rest of the horses. This is a something I'm looking at doing as soon as I can. This way, I will have a complete set! Next, some of the girls head to Hawaii! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment